About the scholarship
The St. Paul’s Foundation aims to award full scholarships for talented children living in São Paulo, who have excellent academic records and the grit and determination to excel, to study at St. Paul’s School.
Our scholars are at least 10 years old and possess a pre-requisite level of academic and English language skills, in addition to their school records and special talent. We are also proud to define “talented" in the broadest manner, be it in academic subjects, sports, music or the arts.
Thank you for your interest in the St. Paul’s Foundation Scholarship Programme. We are currently closed for applications. The next selection process will welcome applicants in early 2022, and scholars will be selected for August 2023 entry.
All applicants must meet the foundation's criteria. They are subject to change as we are constantly reviewing our policies and rules to improve the scholarship program and the experience for the pupil. Please, find below the criteria for the last selection window (2021-2022 entry):
- To be properly enrolled in a public or private school.
- To be between the ages of 10 to 15 on Dec 31st in the year of the application.
- No fails/disapproval in academic transcripts (“Histórico Escolar”) or academic records ("boletim").
- Strong English language skills.
- A unique talent in music, arts, drama or sports is an advantage (not compulsory).
- Live in São Paulo, at a maximum travelling distance of one hour and a half from St. Paul’s (Rua Juquiá, 166, Jd Paulistano).
- To have the right attitude, drive and commitment to benefit from the opportunities offered by the scholarship programme.
The St. Paul’s Foundation Scholarship Programme selection process consists of five (05) consecutive stages:
Application form submission and documentation analysis
A visit to St. Paul’s School to perform online tests and group activities
A one-year preparation period including an English immersion course and interview with family members
Final scholars’ selection
If you wish to apply and you meet the scholarship’s criteria, you can complete our application form with your information. As well as submitting this form, you will be asked to upload the following documents:
- A screenshot of academic transcripts (Histórico Escolar) and/or the latest academic records (boletins). Please send the most recent grade sheet available. If the pandemic has restricted you to provide an up-to-date document of 2020, please attach the latest document you have.
- A handwritten composition of at most 200 words, based on one of the topics below. Compositions submitted in typing and/or in a language other than English won’t be accepted.
- When I face a huge challenge I _____.
- I am inspired by ___ because ______.
- My dream is to be ___ because of _____.
- A 90-second video in English introducing yourself. If you have special talents (e.g. music, sports, arts), you can show it in the video (not compulsory). Videos submitted in a language other than English won’t be accepted.
After applying for the selection process, candidates may receive further requests for documents to prove information.
We only accept candidates that meet all the scholarship criteria, which can be found in the regulations. We do not have a waiting list, as the application process is conducted annually. However, we do encourage you to keep studying and checking the foundation’s website so you can apply when you reach the right age for the programme. If you have any further questions, please send us a message at email@example.com.
At St. Paul’s, the teaching is English-based (the majority of classes are in English), so you must have the ability to speak and understand English at a reasonable level, and be able and willing to improve your language skills during the preparation course.
Besides having an excellent academic profile and strong English skills, we consider it a special talent if you:
- love to study and like to be challenged with tasks and homework
- like to study music and play musical instruments
- are interested in studying arts or drama
- play sports and like to engage in team and sports activities
Having a unique talent in music, arts, drama or sports is an advantage, but it is not compulsory.
Candidates who reach the testing phase will take tests that cover cognitive abilities and language aptitude but they do not assume any specific curriculum knowledge, and so no special preparation is required. In the interview phases, members of the school will interview candidates regarding their interests and talents. The testing and the interview phases may change dates to happen presentially, under strict respect to sanitary protocols, or happen online/remotely if the St. Paul’s Foundation team evaluate this as the safest condition for everyone.
Your parents do not have to speak English. During the selection process, all the necessary instructions and regulations will be provided in Portuguese for the candidates’ family members.
At each stage of the selection process, you will be informed of the results by e-mail.
The St. Paul’s Foundation scholarships are designed to help children whose families could not otherwise afford an education at St. Paul's School. The foundation is prepared to examine each case on its merits within the established guidelines.
The candidates who pass to the preparation course phase will attend English immersion classes at St. Paul’s or on-line for one year, in group activities. There are also included classes about specific subjects, such as Sciences and Maths, in English.
The course will be offered in the afternoon, after your current school hours. Therefore, you must attend regularly your current school during the preparation course. This stage may happen presentially, under strict respect to sanitary protocols, or remotely, if the St. Paul’s Foundation team evaluate this as the safest condition for all.
Our 2021/2022 selection process is closed for applications and a new selection will start in early 2022. Check our website and follow us on social media for more details.
To identify and prepare our scholars, the foundation works with many partners. However, their journey does not end when they graduate from St. Paul’s. Our tertiary education partners, such as Fundação Estudar, help match them with the best university places - be it in Brazil or elsewhere in the world.