Who can Apply
Thank you for your interest in the St. Paul’s Foundation Scholarship Programme, that aims to help talented children whose families could not otherwise afford an education at St. Paul's School. We are currently closed for applications. The next selection process will welcome applicants early 2021, and scholars will be selected for August 2022 entry.
The candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- To be properly enrolled, in 202, in a public or private school.
- To be between the ages of 11 to 15 at Dec 31st 2021.
- No fails/disapproval in academic transcripts (“Histórico Escolar”) or academic records ("boletim").
- Strong English language skills.
- A unique talent in music, arts, drama or sports is an advantage (not compulsory).
- Live in São Paulo, at a maximum travelling distance of one hour and a half from St. Paul’s (Rua Juquiá, 166, Jd Paulistano).
- To have the right attitude, drive and commitment to benefit from the opportunities offered by the scholarship programme.
The St. Paul’s Foundation Scholarship Programme selection process consists of five (05) consecutive stages:
Application form submission and documentation analysis
A visit to St. Paul’s School to perform online tests and group activities
A one-year preparation period including an English immersion course and home visits
Final scholars’ selection
If you wish to apply and you meet the scholarship’s criteria, you can complete our application form with your information. As well as submitting this form, you will be asked to upload the following documents:
- A screenshot of academic transcripts (Histórico Escolar) and/or the latest academic records (boletins).
- A handwritten composition of at most 200 words, based on one of the topics below. Compositions submitted in typing and/or in a language other than English won’t be accepted.
- When I faced a huge challenge I _____.
- I am inspired by ___ because ______.
- My dream is to be ___ because of _____.
- A 90 second video in English introducing yourself. If you have special talents (e.g. music, sports, arts), you can show it in the video (not compulsory). Videos submitted in a language other than English won’t be accepted.
After applying for the selection process, candidates may receive further requests for documents to prove information.
We are currently closed for applications. When the selection process is open, we will only accept candidates that meet all the scholarship criteria which can be found in the regulations to be published closer to the application window. We do not have a waiting list, as the application process is conducted annually. However, we do encourage you to keep studying and checking the foundation’s website so you can apply when you reach the right age for the programme. If you have any further questions, please send us a message at email@example.com.
At St. Paul’s, the teaching is English-based (the majority of classes are in English), so you must have the ability to speak and understand English at a reasonable level, and be able and willing to improve your language skills during the preparation course.
Besides having an excellent academic profile and strong English skills, we consider it a special talent if you:
- love to study and like to be challenged with tasks and homework
- like to study music and play musical instruments
- are interested in studying arts or drama
- play sports and like to engage in team and sports activities
Having a unique talent in music, arts, drama or sports is an advantage, but it is not compulsory.
Candidates who reach the testing phase will take tests that cover cognitive abilities and language aptitude but they do not assume any specific curriculum knowledge, and so no special preparation is required. In the interview phases, members of the school will interview candidates regarding their interests and talents.
Your parents do not have to speak English. During the selection process, all the necessary instructions and regulations will be provided in Portuguese for the candidates’ parents.
At each stage of the selection process, you will be informed of the results by email.
The St. Paul’s Foundation scholarships are designed to help children whose families could not otherwise afford an education at St. Paul's School. The foundation is prepared to examine each case on its merits within the established guidelines.
The candidates who pass to the preparation course phase will attend English immersion classes at St. Paul’s for one year, in group activities. There are also included classes about specific subjects, such as Sciences and Maths, in English.
The course will be offered in the afternoon, after your current school hours. Therefore, you must attend regularly your current school during the preparation course.
We are currently closed for applications. Our 2021/2022 selection process will start early 2021. Check our website and follow us on on social media for updates.